After switching from ADSL to nbn, setting up your Belong broadband service is easy! Your Belong ADSL modem is already nbn-compatible, so you can use it for all technologies on the nbn network.
When you switch from ADSL to the nbn network, the first thing you need from Belong is an SMS confirming your nbn service is active.
Once you receive this, follow the steps below to complete a ‘hard modem reset’:
- Unplug the telephone cable and any filters from your modem and phone socket
- Make sure your modem is connected to a power source and is turned on
- Look for a ‘reset’ button (a tiny, circular hole) located on the lower right-hand corner of the back of the modem
- Find a pen or paper clip to reach the button inside
- Push the ‘reset’ button with your pen or paperclip until you feel a click, then hold
- Hold for approximately 10 seconds (until all the lights on the modem turn off), then release
- Wait for the power and Wi-Fi lights to turn back on (this will take approx 90 seconds)
- Once your modem has reset, you are ready to set up your modem for Belong on the nbn network