Fibre to the Premise
(Qualification Message: Congratulations you can get Belong on the nbn network)
If you already have your nbn connection box installed then you should think about the following before signing up:
- Do I have enough free space for my modem near my nbn connection box?
- Do I have a free power point for my modem near my nbn connection box?
- Do I want my modem to be installed where my nbn connection box is?
If you answered ‘no’ to any of the above, whether you choose Belong or any other service provider, you will need to engage an electrician to re-wire the connection between your nbn connection box and your modem. This will allow you to connect your modem to the nbn connection box, and position your modem where you want it to be.
If you already have an nbn utility box installed, but don't yet have an nbn connection box installed then you can proceed with ordering your Belong service. We’ll work with nbn co to organise an appointment for an nbn technician to come to your home to install an nbn connection box.
Prior to your nbn co appointment, take a moment to think about where you would like your nbn connection box installed.
Some things you should consider when selecting a location:
- Ensure there’s a free power point within 3 metres of where the nbn connection box will be installed
- Ensure the nbn connection box is installed as close as possible to where the modem will be located in your home
- Ensure you’ve considered the light that the nbn connection box emits e.g. it may not be a good idea to install it in a bedroom where the light may be too bright in the evening.
- Ensure the nbn connection box is not installed outside your property, in the garage, in a wet area or in a hard to reach location.
Remember, a standard nbn installation only allows for 40 metres of fibre optic cable connecting the nbn utility box (located outside your home) to your nbn connection box (located inside your home).